What to look for in a link building agency
Choosing a link building agency for your website can be difficult, but there are a few things you could do to make sure that you choose the best fit.
1) Sit down and figure out what your goals are for the next year. What is it that you want from a link building campaign? Do you want more organic traffic, do you want to be ranked higher on search engines? What is your overall strategy?
2) Ask yourself how much are you willing to invest into a successful link building campaign. If the best company for the job costs thousands of dollars per month, are you willing to pay that or are you looking for something more budget friendly? For the sake of clarity here, good link building companies will have a more premium price.
3) Look at the backlinks that the Link building services company have generated for their clients . If they have generated backlinks for big companies like then there’s a high probability that they can generate them for you as well.
4) Does the link building agency have experience in your industry? Look at their portfolio and see if there are any types of websites similar to what you want. If so, ask what issues they faced building links in that industry, do they have good existing relationships with relevant sites in that niche? Do they have the best way to approach link building in your industry?
5) If you are getting a backlink through guest posting, make sure the Link Building agency provides you with written content. Good written content is absolutely vital. You will be doing yourself a disservice by having poorly written or irrelevant content as a guest post. Really good sites want really good content so if the company you choose for link building is getting non native speakers to write their content there is a high possibility that the site will reject the content.
6) Look for best practices of the best link building companies. Many of them offer best practice guides or white papers on their best link building tactics. Find out what makes them different and what their methodology is. Here is a link to our Link building process.
7) Check the agencies backlink profiles. Do you like how they look? Is their content well written.? Do they link to spammy sites? If so, best to avoid. Again, if their content is not well written, quality content many site will not accept it.
8) Request a proposal from link building companies. Ask them what their best practice is and how they propose to get you results in terms of links / traffic etc. Will they put together a link building strategy for you?
9) Request samples of their link building campaigns, reports and rankings. They should be willing to share these with you. It’s important to check the link quality of the SEO agency or link building service you plan to invest your part of your marketing budget with. If they are not high quality backlinks, best to avoid in most cases. The last thing you need is a link building agency building spammy links to your site.
10) Check how long they have been doing link building for? Is it a new company or one that has been around for a number of years? Link building is an ongoing process, best if you are working with someone who knows what they are doing and has been building links for some time.
11) Ask how many link building staff they have in their in house team and who will be working on your campaign. Link building is best done as a team so best this is 1 or 2 people max. We tend to have three people assigned to a client. A project manager, a data person and the link builder.
So, yes there are a number of questions you need to ask yourself before choosing ta link building agency. As we can see there are a number of very important considerations such as: how long they have been in business, what process they use, who will be working on your campaign and how many people will be involved in the link building activities.
If you want to get a positive answer to the above questions feel free to contact us or you can book a time to chat here and I can take you through how we build links for our clients.