I don’t know about you, but I find it hard to blog personally. As a link building agency and content company, we spend time writing content and guest posts for clients but when it comes to our own site we are terribly lax. With our clients, we have a defined content plan in place and a goal. We work together to set up a content strategy that will appeal to their target market, customers and most importantly – attract lovely links!
So, what steps can you take to start writing blog content in 2019?
Think about your target audience
You firstly need to think about who your content will be targeted at:
- What interests do they have?
- What problems are they facing?
- What really matters to them?
It’s also important to think about how your content could affect impressionable audiences. For example, if you’re writing about a rather taboo subject, you need to ensure that you’re sculpting your content so that minors and other impressionable people won’t take your information and use it in the wrong way.
Something that’s quickly learned as a blogger, is that people simply aren’t going to click on your link to read your content for the sake of it (unless of course, you’re a huge celebrity). You need to give them a valid reason to click through and spend their time reading what you’ve got to say. Something I’ve found that works, is to give your readers something for nothing. It might be:
- Information they wouldn’t have otherwise known
- A free downloadable item from your website
- Or even a discount on something
People love something for free and it works every time.
Once you understand the answer to those questions and you’re sure that your content isn’t going to backfire for your audience, you’re free to move on to the next stage.
Sit down with those answers and start to think about how your target market will search for them. What keywords are you using? Download Free Keyword tool, a free Chrome extension that adds search volume and CPC to the websites you already use: Google, YouTube, Amazon, etc. You can now see what sort of search volume those keywords are attracting. You can also see the related keywords that may be useful to include.
A really useful way of thinking about keywords is by sitting back and thinking about what you’d search if you wanted to stumble upon your site. In our case, we’d use keywords such as ‘link building agency’ ‘reputable link building’ ‘place links for target audience’, and so on.
SEO is super important when choosing the right keywords because essentially, that’s what is going to drive traffic to your website from search engines. Getting the right SEO for your website and content alike is imperative to help you gain that all important organic traffic you’re after. So, when you’re thinking about what kind of keywords to use when placing a link – what would you search for? In our case, we would make sure that the SEO within our website and content all relates to what we’re about – a link building agency!
If you’re placing multiple orders on your links, it’s always a good idea to use a plethora of different keywords to give your link an even bigger chance of being trawled by Google and other search engines.
Come up with catchy content titles
Compile a list of titles based on your findings from keyword planning. Content that answers your client’s needs works best. So, for instance, we could write content like;
- How to guest post on high-quality sites?
- What does a good link look like?
- How you can run your own content outreach campaign.
- It’s also important to think about how you’re going to grab your readers’ attention with your titles. Click-bait is often a word used for this, but you also need to make sure that the content matches your title – don’t give false hope!
- Try not to be too generic when it comes to creating titles. You need to make sure your content is standing out. Using encouraging words like ‘fantastic’ and ‘brilliant’ is sure to catch people’s attention.
- People love numbers, so if you’re writing a piece that involves a certain amount of information, include it in your title! For example ‘5 Reasons to Choose Link Building Services For Your Business’. It gives more of an incentive to read your content.
So, what is Chunking?
It’s about making more efficient use of short-term memory by grouping information. Chunking breaks up long strings of information into units or chunks. It makes information easier to commit to memory.
When you’re giving out a considerable amount of information, it’s likely that you just want to get it all written. The problem you face here is that if people see large blocks of writing they aren’t going to read it. Here are some tips on chunking that could help with your blog content:
- Use subheadings and bold text to break up your writing. This will allow your readers to skim through the content to the information they are after. Subheadings work well as they grab attention faster.
- Using bullet points (see what we did there?) to help break things down for your readers when it comes to making lists.
- Make even the smallest of chunks easier to read. For example, if you’re typing a number to remember or take note of, rather than typing it as 83746502855, you’d type it as 837 – 465 – 028 – 55 to make it clearer for your readers.
- Using italic and bold text can help highlight certain parts of the text that might be relevant to your audience.
As you can see, writing good content for your website takes more than simply sitting down and trying to come up with an idea that you think your readers will love. You must take into consideration other factors like SEO, keywords, chunking and most importantly, whether your readers will be interested in clicking through your link! Following these tips and applying them to your writing is sure to grab people’s attention and ultimately, make your content bang on the money.
2 replies on “Finding It Hard To Write Blog Content? Handy Tips To Get You In The Content Groove In 2020”
Thanks for the tips, I made a blog and now I’m having difficulties, this helped me alot !
will do from next